The Odessa National Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet is located between the beautiful center of the city and northern coast of the Black Sea. Theatre has a very long history. It was first opened in 1810 and later many times reconstructed (for example being almost destroyed after the fire in 1873).
The exterior of the building has typical neo-baroque features, while the architecture of the audience hall is famous for its Rococo style.
Last reconstruction was in 2007 and the grand opening took place on the 22nd of September.