We can see the border of the USA and Canada passing along the Niagara River. The camera is installed at the confluence of the Niagara River with Lake Ontario, under the fortress of Old Fort Niagara. Now, the fortress belongs to the village of Youngstown, the center of which is located slightly to the south.
The first building on the site of Old Fort Niagara appeared in 1678. It was Fort Conti. Then, it was rebuilt into the fort of Denonville. The fort was completed to its present size in 1755. The expansion was due to the growing tensions between French and English colonial interests. Old Fort Niagara played a significant role in the French-Indian war of 1754-1763, as well as in other battles in this territory.
On the opposite bank of the river, we can see the Niagara-on-the-Lake Golf Club. Right on the golf courses of this club, you can find another historical landmark, the only surviving building of Fort Mississauga. The fortification building appeared on the western bank of the Niagara in 1813, after the British seized the fort of Niagara on December 19, 1813, during the Anglo-American War of 1812. It is known that, earlier, this place had been used by at least 3 Indian tribes in different centuries. After the war, the Canadian army used the fort as a summer training ground.